Prevail Disinfectants for Animal Health: Powerful, Potent and Environmentally Preferable
With the world in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, there has perhaps never been as much attention paid to cleaning and disinfecting as now.
People today are hyper-vigilant about hygiene in an effort to both protect themselves and their loved ones from being infected and to help curb the spread of the virus. Typical disinfecting chemicals like chlorine, Quaternary Ammonia Compounds and Glutaraldehyde are toxic and, while effective disinfectants, can be harmful to both human health and the environment.
“The challenge is to find a powerful germicide that effectively cleans and disinfects while posing minimal to no risk to people, the animals and our environment,” says Dave Hachey, President of Ogena Solutions. “As the exclusive Master distributor of Prevail™ disinfectants to the Canadian animal health industry, Ogena Solutions has sourced a powerful disinfectant that is far less harmful to people, animals, most generally used materials and equipment as well as the environment.”
Developed and manufactured by Virox Technologies Inc., Prevail™ disinfectants are powered by Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide® (AHP®). AHP is a patented synergistic blend of commonly used, safe ingredients that when combined with low levels of hydrogen peroxide dramatically increase its germicidal potency and cleaning performance.
Patented and scientifically tested in various settings — from human health care to agricultural settings — AHP has proven to be strongly effective against even the most difficult to kill pathogens in human and animal health. Of note is that AHP has been noted to be effective against various strains of coronavirus — including SARS (in fact, AHP was mandated for use by the Government of Ontario during the 2003 SARS outbreak), MERS and COVID-19 — as well as viruses specific to animal populations, such as Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea virus (PEDv) and Equine and Avian Influenza.
For the animal health user in veterinary, animal sheltering or food production environments, Prevail™ disinfectants exhibit five main advantages over traditional products and chemicals:
- Faster — Prevail™ is proven to deliver superior kill performance with kill times that are up to three times faster than traditional chemistries against a broad spectrum of organisms.
- Cleaner — Prevail™ includes powerful detergents that create a one-step disinfectant cleaner that simplifies cleaning without compromising pathogen control.
- Responsible — No personal protective equipment is required when using Prevail™ in its diluted, in-use form. It is non-toxic and non-irritating and safe for humans and animals.
- Sustainable — After being applied, the active ingredient hydrogen peroxide breaks down into just water and oxygen.
- Compatible — Prevail™ is designed to be used on a wide range of components — hard and soft surfaces, heavy or delicate equipment without causing corrosion or wear.
For additional information on Prevail visit https://ogenasolutions.com/products/chemistry/