How to Engage with Your Local Community and Why You Should
As a small business, how can you engage with your local community? In order to grow and establish a great reputation as a company, getting your local business’s name out is crucial. An article about why businesses should engage with their communities offers great reasons to do so:
- A survey reported “9 out [of] 10 Americans believe it is important to support local small businesses.”
- The same survey states “73% of respondents said that they make a conscious effort to shop at local businesses.”
- The article explains that if you market yourself as a local business, you’re going to gain enthusiastic local customers.
All that’s left is to take advantage of these wonderful benefits! Check out this article full of advice for physically engaging with your local community; the author, Larry Alton, has mapped out a great list of tips for stepping outside of the storefront and getting involved. Among these tips are:
- “Attend local events.”
- “Reward your local fans.”
- “Work together with other business owners.”
Activities such as the ones listed in this article are useful for building your identity in the community. Making public appearances gives customers a neighborly face to associate with your business, and they will greatly appreciate contributions your business makes to local life. Both of these things lead to trust from customers and better business for your company.
There are priceless benefits that come from engaging with your local community. By actively meeting people in the community and giving back to them, you’ll earn loyal local fans. Start building your fan base today!